Montag, 26. November 2012

Neuigkeiten zu George R.R. Martin

Cloak of Levitation
Cloak of Levitation (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Doctor Strange #177 (February 1969), the debut...
Doctor Strange #177 (February 1969), the debut of Strange's short-lived new look. Cover art by Gene Colan and Tom Palmer. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Der Author von "Game of Thrones" / "Song of Ice and Fire" würde gerne eine Story für Dr. Strange schreiben, erzählte er neulich in einem Interview mit MTV :

"I don't know what my story angle would be. The character I'd have the most fun writing would be Doctor Strange,the master of the mystic arts, he was always one of my favorites ... but before I did that I'd have my lawyers meet with Marvel's lawyers and work out an iron-clad contract that would say that whatever I did in the story would continue on forever and would never be retconned, rebooted or reimagined out of the universe when some later writer decided to mess around with it ... I always hated reboots and retconns and the fact that a new writer comes in and 'un-does' what the previous writer did and brings dead characters back to life, kills new characters. ... but I did love Doctor Strange and if I was to write a Marvel character him and his dimensions would be it.

I'd separate him off from the rest of the Marvel universe and not make him part of a team. He doesn't really fit any of that stuff, he's a guy that shouldn't even be known to the rest of the heroes, living on the edge of the Marvel Universe protecting the world and our dimension and plane from dangers and forces out there that the other characters like Spider-Man and The Avengers don't even dream exist. He's our wall against Cthullu and the Old-Ones and the dread Dormammu. That's when Doctor Strange was at his best, Stan Lee and Ditko were [writing] him in just that manner."

Abgesehen davon das er fleißig für Game of Thrones / Song of Ice and Fire weiterschreiben soll finde ich die Idee sehr reizvoll, was meint Ihr?


Enhanced by Zemanta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.